Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Ardnamurchan Loch Suinart Hide 

http://www.moidart.com/wildlife-ard...n-wildlife-hide

Check this out.  

Greenman Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Ardnamurchan Loch Suinart Hide 

looks impressive, thanks for posting the link.

The entire area looks good, would be lookign to take the rest of the Sands there as well.  Possibly under false pretenses.....

Green Sandpiper Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

We were up that way last month.  We spent most of the afternoon a few miles up the road from here on the B8007 at a wonderful picnic site.  Four Ring Circus and the dog spent hours swimming in Loch Sunart, sadly never saw any Eagles or Otters.  We did get some great views of some huge buzzards near to Ardnamurchan point.

Osprey7 Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

I've been visiting that area for years (as a youngster my first wiflet came from a wee place near Acharacle lol) however, I saw the light (escaped ). The last few years I've been visiting regularly with my wife (for the record-not the aformentioned wifelet!) for the wildlife and have got to know Ardnamurchan quite well. The hide is one of the best places in Scotland to watch otters. If you sit for a couple of hours on a falling tide you will see otters twenty feet away

For sea eagles knocking goats of the cliffs ( I saw this 3 days in a row from my tent ) you need to be prepared to be a bit more adventurous!

Greenman Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Been camping at Strontian and I go across to Ardnamurchan and the Acharacle area, for day trips, at least once a year. I've seen the otters on and around the island that gets exposed as the tide gets lower, across from the car park on the east side of Strontian. It's also a great area for stargazing, if that's your thing and you can see the satellites moving across the sky. Be warned, it gets VERY cold on clear nights.

supercelts7 Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

birds, wildlife, camping...I can see myself living vicariously through you, Supercelts!!

Green Sandpiper Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Green Sandpiper wrote:  
birds, wildlife, camping...I can see myself living vicariously through you, Supercelts!!

supercelts7 Send private message
Back to topPage bottom